Use Clarityflow Commerce to sell coaching in Clarityflow
Clarityflow Commerce is the suite of selling tools built right into Clarityflow, designed to power the way you sell coaching packages, subscriptions, courses, group memberships, and more.
The video above and the docs below will cover all that you need to get started with selling on Clarityflow Commerce.
- Connect your Stripe account
- Create a product
- Setup purchase actions
- Subscription products
- Redirect after purchase
- Customize email notifications for purchases
- Create a landing page to sell a product
- Sell your product from your own website, email or social media
- Make sales in your async conversations in Clarityflow
- Clients' billing portals
- Track sales activity
Connect your Stripe account
In order to sell products and take payments via Clarityflow Commerce, you'll need to connect your Stripe account.
Open your account settings (top-left menu) > Account settings > Stripe account.
- If you already own a Stripe account, you can connect it in a couple of clicks.
- Don't have a Stripe account yet? Follow the button to be guided through the setup of your Stripe account. You'll be up and running to start taking payments in a matter of minutes!
Everything in Clarityflow Commerce will by synced with the corresponding things in Stripe. This includes:
- Your products
- Prices on your products
- Purchases and payments for your products
- Customer records
Create a product
To create your first product, go to Commerce > Products > Create a new product.
Start by giving your Product a name. Then fill in the rest of the settings and configurations for how you want this product to be sold (details in the sections below).
A products can be priced any number of ways:
- Free (no prices)
- 1 or several prices
- Price(s) can be recurring (subscriptions) with optional trial periods and end dates
Setup purchase actions
Purchase actions are the thing(s) that happen when a customer purchases your product. Mostly, these manage what the customer will gain access to when they purchase.
When editing a Product > Under "Actions" add one or more action.
All of these actions will run whenever a purchase is made.
Examples of purchase actions you can setup on a product:
- Start a new conversation for the purchaser
- Add the purchaser to a pre-existing conversation
- Invite the purchaser as a member in a space (or cohort of a space)
- Enroll the purchaser in a program (a course)
- Update a contact attribute on the purchaser
Products that price(s) that are set up for recurring billing are subscription products. Subscription products will automatically charge the customer's credit card on a recurring basis for the lifetime of the subscription.
You can configure all aspects of the way a subscription is billed, including:
- The frequency of billing (every X days, weeks, months, years)
- Optional trial period
- Optional end date (good for selling a fixed-price product but paid in multiple installments).
In addition to purchase actions, which (like any product) will run when the subscription product is initially purchased, subscription products also come with subscription end actions. These are actions that occur when the customer's subscription becomes cancelled.
- Purchase actions typically grant the customer access to things (conversations, spaces, courses, etc.)
- Subscription end actions typically revoke the customer's access (remove or close conversations, remove from space, etc.)
Redirect after purchase
When editing a product, under the "After purchase" section, you can configure where the customer should be redirected to after a successful purchase.
By default, the customer won't be redirected anywhere and will remain on the page and see a custom success message that you define.
Alternatively, you can set it to redirect the customer to various destinations, including the newly created conversation that's been created for them, or a space, or a course enrollment. You also have the option to redirect to a custom URL.
Customize email notifications
When configuring a product, under the "Emails" section you can customize the purchase confirmation email that customers receive upon purchasing a product.
It comes pre-populated with typical confirmation info about the purchase. There are also several dynamic tags you can use to output things like the purchase price and the customer's billing information (last 4 digits of their credit card, etc.).
If the product is a subscription, then you can customize additional emails, including:
- The email sent every time the customer is successfully charged for a recurring subscription payment
- The email sent if a customer's recurring billing charge has been declined, which includes a link for the customer to resolve their payment.
Create a landing page to sell a product
Every product comes with a landing page that you can customize and use to promote and sell your product.
Customize the content of this page in the product editor under "Purchase flow".
The colors of the page can be customized in your account's custom branding settings.
Sell your product from your own website, email or social media
If you'd like to use your own website, pages, or social media to promote your products (instead of using the landing page that Clarityflow provides), you can use the embeddable "buy now" button or point links to the purchase flow URL.
Edit a product > under "Purchase flow" > "Call to action button", you'll find:
- Embed code for a simple HTML button that you can place within your own page design
- The URL that points to the checkout on Clarityflow for this product. Use this in your custom links on your site, in your emails, on social media, etc.
Make sales in your async conversations in Clarityflow
One of the best ways to sell your products in Clarityflow is directly inside your async conversations with people!
- If you're async messaging with a prospective client, you can reply with a message that contains the link to purchase an engagement with you.
- When messaging with a client, you can send a purchase for an up-sell offer.
Whenever you're creating a new message, you can open the message type selector in the top-right of the message creator, then click "Product" and select a product to offer in this message. You can customize the text that goes along with it.
When a product offer is shown in a message, anyone else in the conversation can click it to buy it. After purchases are made, you will see those listed there on the message.
- Purchasers will see that they've purchased.
You can also build product offers right into your message templates, stored in your Library, and then insert these message templates (with product offers) into your conversations, your programs, etc.
Clients' billing portals
Once a client has purchased anything, they will be able to access their personal area in Clarityflow, which shows them:
- Their list of purchases
- Their payments history
- Their subscriptions, with options to cancel or update them
- Their stored payment methods, with options to update or delete them
Track sales activity
You can track all of your sales activity in a number of ways:
- In the main "Commerce" section, see overall lists of:
- All customers who've ever purchased anything
- All purchases
- All payments
- All subscriptions
You can drill down to a specific product and find the same lists (customers, purchases, payments, subscriptions).
- You can view any contact to see that person's purchases, payments, and subscriptions.