Online courses (and more) with Programs
When you want to run an online course, or other pre-programmed sequence of content in Clarityflow, you can use Programs.
Programs let you enroll clients or students in their own personal "instance" of a course, so that they can go through your content at their own pace and ask you questions and interact with you right in the same place. That's because a Program is designed to be turned into many individual async conversations (with pre-programmed content) between you and your clients.
This guide will show you how to create online courses and other types of programs in Clarityflow.
- What is a Program?
- Creating a Program
- Organizing your program's content into modules, using Threads
- Enrolling students or clients in your program
- Automating your programs using Workflows
- Integrating Programs using Zapier
What is a Program?
A Program in Clarityflow is a way for you to build a big template, which can be used to create many new conversations that are pre-filled with your program's content.
Common use-cases for programs include:
- Online courses
- Welcome sequences
- Interactive quizzes
- Automated interviews
- Training exercises
- and other ideas you can dream up!
How is a Program different from a Conversation?
Think of a Program like a template that can be used to create many Conversations.
How is a Program different from a Space?
Spaces in Clarityflow are membership areas where members can access a collection of conversations that are only available to the space. Spaces are commonly used for groups, communities, and coaching cohorts. You can integrate your Programs with Spaces so that members of a Space can enroll in a Program (within their Space).
Creating a Program
You can create a Program in 1 of 2 ways:
- Go to "Programs" > Create a new Program from scratch.
- Convert any conversation and all of its messages into a Program
Creating a new Program from scratch
- Go to "Programs" > Create a new Program and give it a title (example: "My Awesome Course")
- In the Program Builder, add content to your Program.
- You can select content from your Library in Clarityflow (message templates or thread templates).
- Or you can record and create new content, which will create new message templates that will be stored in your Library and used in this Program.
Programs are built using content from your Library
Your Library in Clarityflow is where you build your collection of message templates and thread templates. These are the "building blocks" for your Programs. You can create them directly in your Library, or you can create them while building your Program. You can also convert any message or thread from a conversation into templates to store in your Library and use in your Programs.
These are used to create single messages, or a single lesson or piece of content in your Program. A single message template can be a single video, an audio recording, a screen recording, and/or text, and it can contain multiple file attachments.
Thread templates contain multiple message templates. When used in a Program or in a Conversation, a Thread Template will become a Thread (like a reply thread in a conversation). You can use Thread Templates to create "modules" within your Program.
Organizing a Program with Modules using threads
Courses (and many other types of programs) are often organized into "modules".
For example, let's say you're creating a program to be an online course called "Healthy Habits Course" (as shown in the video above). You can organize it this way:
- Welcome video (a single message template)
- Morning Routines (a thread template)
- Waking up early (message template)
- Healthy breakfast (message template)
- Morning meditation (message template)
- Exercise Guides (thread template)
- Cardio exercises (message template)
- Strength training exercises (message template)
- Nutrition Guides (thread template)
- Diet tips (message template)
- Healthy choices (message template)
Enrolling students & clients in your programs
Ready to enroll (many) clients or students in your course or program?
There are multiple ways you can do this:
- When viewing the program > click "Enroll someone" to select a contact to enroll.
- Invite a new client or guest, and configure their onboarding to lead them into a Program enrollment.
- View a Contact > Open their settings menu > click "Enroll in a Program" > Select the program to enroll them in.
- Use Zapier to enroll a person in a Program (see below)
Automating your programs using Workflows
You can add automations into your Programs using Workflows.
Workflows enable you to do things like:
- Drip out content in a sequence, only once an enrollee has viewed or posted a reply
- Send email notifications to "nudge" students along if they haven't watched a video after a period of time.
- Automatically post replies to make an interactive conversation, quiz or exercise.
- And much more...
A workflow can be created...
On the Program level.
Open the Program settings menu > "Create a Workflow".
This workflow will be triggered to start whenever the program is turned into a conversation (like for a new enrollment). Then this will be the workflow that is running on the Conversation.
On the Message level.
Each individual message template in your program can have its own workflow. Open the settings dropdown on a message template in your program to create its workflow. These can be triggered when this specific message is played by an enrollee, when it is viewed, or when it has published.
Integrating programs using Zapier
Programs has been fully integrated with our Clarityflow Zapier integration so that you can build automations that invite and enroll new people in Programs.