Using virtual cameras (like OBS) with Clarityflow
If you connect your camera to your computing using an intermediarary "virtual camera" software, such as OBS, and you're finding that Clarityflow will not recognize your camera, this guide may help you resolve the issue.
In this case, you might find that when you select your recording devices, the camera selection dropdown is blank (no options), and/or you see the troubleshooting popup appear. You may also see the error message NotReadableError.
Try these steps to resolve the issue and use your camera with Clarityflow, while running it through a virtual camera software tool like OBS:
- Fully close and quit any other applications that might currently be using your camera and/or virtual camera software.
- Fully close and quit your virtual camera software (OBS).
- In a new message in Clarityflow, click "Select devices" to reveal the camera and microphone selections.
- Now you should see OBS virtual camera listed as a selectable option. Select it.
- Click the red "Start" button to turn on your camera. At this point, you won't yet see the video from your camera. It will show a generic screen from OBS, indicating that Clarityflow is now receiving a video signal from OBS.
- Now go ahead and re-open OBS and enable your camera through the OBS interface.
- You should now see your camera video show up in Clarityflow, and you can now proceed with your recording.
If these steps still don't work, try these other troubleshooting steps.